Brown butter matcha cookies
Servings: 16-20 cookies
Active time: 1 hour
Signature Blend: powder mode x2
- 1 c softened, unsalted butter, cut into 1” slices
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 c brown sugar
- ½ c granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F°.
- Brown the butter. This should take around 5-8 minutes. In a light-colored pan (which allows you to see when the butter is browned), melt the butter slices over medium heat, stirring constantly so it melts evenly. It will begin to bubble and foam. Keep stirring until the butter is golden brown and a nutty aroma wafts up. Set it aside and let it cool.
- Combine and mix the dry ingredients, without the sugars. Do include the matcha powder.
- In a separate bowl, add the sugars and butter and mix well.
- Add eggs and the vanilla to the creamed sugar and mix until combined.
- Combine the wet mixture and the flour mixture until a dough is formed.
- Add white chocolate chips and mix until they are distributed evenly.
- Scoop the dough into balls and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Transfer the cookie dough balls to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and let cool.