Matcha nanaimo bar
Active time: 1 hour
Signature Blend: powder mode x2
- ½ c butter
- ¼ c sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 c graham cracker crumbs or vanilla wafers
- 1 c shredded coconut, sweetened
- ½ c pecans or walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- Stir the sugar and matcha powder together in a small bowl until combined. Add the dry mixture to the melted butter and stir over low heat.
- Whisk in a beaten egg, stirring continually until the mixture thickens, about one minute.
- Remove the egg from the heat and stir in vanilla, graham cracker crumbs, coconut, and chopped nuts. Mix well.
- Press firmly and evenly into an 8”- square pan. Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
Signature Blend: powder mode x3
- ¼ c butter, room temperature
- 5 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 tbsp custard or vanilla pudding powder
- 2 c powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Cream the butter with an electric mixer.
- In a separate bowl, sift matcha, powdered sugar and vanilla pudding powder. To make the filling, add the heavy cream and dry ingredients to the butter and use the mixer to beat until fluffy. If the mixture is too thick, add another tablespoon of heavy cream. Spread the filling over the bottom layer and refrigerate until firm, 20-30 minutes.
- 4 oz dark chocolate bar
- 2 tbsp butter
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in a saucepan or double boiler.
- Gently spread the mixture over the filling. Refrigerate.
Tip: Score the top layer before refrigerating. This will make it easier to cut.