Active time: 30 minutes
Signature Blend: 2 shot
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ tsp (2g) salt
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Mix the eggs and the salt. Do not whip too much air into the mixture.
- Add the matcha shot and incorporate fully.
- Pour simmering water into a baking tray and place two ramekins or like vessels in the water bath, making sure the water is even with the chawan fill level.
- Bake for 8-15 mins, or until the center has just set.
- Once it has just set, remove the tray from the oven and let it rest in the water bath for a few minutes before serving.
- Once the chawan-mushi has cooled, garnish with green onion tops.
- The water should be poured in simmering, not boiling.
- The vessel capacity should not exceed six fluid ounces.
- As with other custards, the chawan-mushi should be somewhat jiggly when removed. There should be a spot the size of a small coin that is still custardy, but the rest should be more firm.
- The dish can also be served cold.