Active time: 25 minutes
Signature Blend: 3 shots
- ½ c (150 g) lightly-toasted day-old bread
- 4 (500 g) green bell peppers
- 1 c (250 g) cucumbers
- 1 (5 g) serrano or jalapeno, de-seeded
- 2 ½ tbsp (30 g) sugar
- ¾ c (100 g) almonds, toasted
- 4 c (125 g) baby spinach
- 2 c (50 g) parsley
- 1 c (200 g) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ¾ c (25 g) sherry vinegar, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Cut the bread into cubes.
- Toss the bread with olive oil and salt and spread them across a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Chop the bell peppers, chili and cucumbers. Put them in a blender with the remaining ingredients, matcha, bread and seasonings, with the exception of the olive oil.
- After all the ingredients are blended, slowly add the olive oil.
- Add in vinegar to taste, right before serving.
- If it’s thick, add a touch of water until it has a thick, chunky soup consistency.
- Serve with a side of yogurt and cucumber pieces.
- If the vinegar is sitting in the soup for too long, it will discolor the soup.
- It’s optional to reserve some of the toasted bread cubes and float them on the soup before serving.