Allergy aid matcha latte
When allergy season hits, a warm cup of matcha infused with medicinal herbs gives you both energy and healing to get you through the day.
by Cuzen Matcha
Active time: 5 minutes
Signature Blend: 1 shot
- 1 ½ tbsp dried or one bunch of fresh nettle leaves, chopped finely
- 1 inch rosemary
- 1 inch fresh turmeric root, grated or ⅛ tsp ginger powder
- ¾ c milk of choice
- local honey to taste
- local bee pollen, for garnish (optional)
Note: We strongly discourage using cow’s milk and sugar for this recipe, as they both exacerbate allergies.
- In a small pot, simmer herbs and turmeric root in a milk alternative for 3-5 minutes. (When using dried turmeric powder, add the powder at the end of the simmering.)
- Pour the milk through a sieve into a cup 8 ounces or larger.
- Pour in the fresh matcha shot.
- Thoroughly stir in local honey, to taste.
- Garnish with local bee pollen, if desired.