Active time: 20 minutes
Strawberry simple syrup
- 2 ½ c (400g) whole strawberries
- 2 c (470g) water
- 1 c (200g) cane sugar
- Wash the strawberries and cut off their leaves.
- Blend the strawberries and water.
- Strain the solids.
- Combine the strained strawberry juice and sugar in a small saucepan. Heat it on low for about five minutes, until the sugar is dissolved.
- To strain the juice, use a fine mesh strainer and use a spatula to squeeze out as much juice as possible. You can also use a nut milk back and squeeze out the excess juice.
- Don’t allow the strawberry and sugar mixture to get too hot, as it could activate pectins and turn the mixture into jam.
Strawberry matcha latte
Latte Blend: 2 shots
- A few pieces of ice
- 2 fl oz (30mL) strawberry simple syrup
- 3 fl oz (45mL) milk of choice
- 1 oz (30g) whipped cream
- Fill the cup with ice.
- Pour the syrup over the ice.
- Pour the matcha over the syrup and ice.
- Pour the milk over the other ingredients in the cup.
- Top with whipped cream.
- When straining the strawberry solids, set a strainer over a cup and pour in a little at a time, shifting the solids around with a spoon until a good amount of liquid has seeped through. You can use the leftover solids in a smoothie or a strawberry compote.