Active time: 30-45 minutes
Signature Blend: 2 grindings in 1 shot of water
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- ½ tsp salt, or to taste
- 1 ½ c neutral oil, such as canola or vegetable
- 1 ⅔ - 3 ⅓ tbsp water, or as needed
- Grind two pulls of matcha in the same cup of water.
- Blend on low or medium or whisk the egg yolks, vinegar, matcha shot and salt. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Leave the blender on, and slowly pour the oil in a steady stream to form a smooth emulsion. Occasionally check the viscosity. If it begins to get very stiff before all the oil has been poured, add very small amounts of water incrementally. Continue to add the remaining oil to get to a firm but pourable consistency.
Tencha goma shio
- ¾ c golden sesame seeds, toasted
- ½ c Signature Blend leaf
- ½ tbsp Maldon salt
- In a mortar & pestle or suribachi, grind the matcha leaf into small flakes. Do not grind them to powder. Set them aside.
- Lightly grind the salt into smaller granules and then add the toasted sesame seeds.
- Grind the seeds to break them up but not enough to form a fine powder or paste. Add the ground tencha leaves and mix them together.
- Scrape the mixture into a dry container and store it in cool space for up to 3 days.
- You can also lightly toast regular sesame seeds in a pan if they are not bought toasted.
- Use the goma shio as soon as possible for the best flavor.
- seasonal vegetables of your choice
- Chop the vegetables and arrange them in an attractive pattern on a platter.