Active time: 7 minutes
Matcha basil syrup
- 1 bunch (24g) fresh Thai basil
- 1 c (200g) sugar
- 1 c (200g) water
- Blend all the ingredients on high for two minutes.
- Strain the liquid.
- Set one fluid ounce aside, to use in the drink and refrigerate the remaining syrup for up to two weeks.
Matcha yuzu fizz
- 1 fl oz matcha basil syrup
- ¾ fl oz lime juice
- ¼ fl oz yuzu essence
- 1 fl oz heavy cream
- 3 fl oz soda water
- In a shaker, combine basil syrup, lime juice, yuzu and heavy cream.
- Add ice and shake vigorously.
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Strain the mixture with a fine mesh sieve.
- Top the ice and mixture with soda water.
- Garnish with matcha powder.
- A lidded jar can be used instead of a shaker. Add little metal balls into the jar to ensure aeration.
- Yuzu juice or extract can be used instead of essence. Yuzu essence tends to be slightly salty, yuzu extract tends to be more concentrated, and yuzu juice is pasteurized, giving it a shorter shelf life.